Tuesday 18 December 2012

Maddy Prior and The Carnival Band

My wife and I were taken to a show last night to hear Maddy Prior at Birmingham Town Hall last night, as a christmas treat by my son.

Five guys came on to the stage as the show opened.

"Who are they?" I thought. The name The Carnival Band  was known to me but I have to admit that the band was not one that had made much of an impact on me and was surprised to hear the tour was a celebration of 25 years since their first album with Maddy Prior.

I can only say that I have been missing a great deal of amazing music over the last 25 years. A stunning performance all round.

I thought that I would take a moment to do a little digging on the web and find out what I have been missing, lots of info on Wiki and videos on Youtube and of course they have a web site of their own.

I must share this comedy number with you, not typical of the stuff they were doing but made an interesting break in the proceedings.

 

And here is a preview from their record company/management of the current christmas tour

 

I will be watching out for more of this band.



I know it is not guitar music, but I seem to be writing a lot more about music in general - Kay Sera Sera

No comments:

Post a Comment