Sunday 13 March 2011

Hank Marvin and Jazz

Hank Marvin and Jazz, not the first things you expect to hear in the same breath but Hank has always had an interest in Jazz which has come through on some of the music from the Shadows early albums. One in PArticular that I can think of is Stand Up And Say That from their first album which features Hank on the Piano.Perhaps Hank and Jazz is a more likely combination than it might at first appear. Take this for instance


I think this is good stuff and hope to see much more of it. Unfortunately over the past few years we have seen albums from Hank with great tunes ( you can'r argue with the marketing department) but we saw little of Hank's musical originality. Maybe now he has stopped touring/recording he will find time to express a littlle of this passion for jazz.

By the way, did you manage to see my new Squidoo lens on how to write songs. A work in progress, yes, but I am more likely to add to this than adding the song writing resources to this blog. Squidoo pays better (LOL) but I will be keeping you up to date on my progress there.

No comments:

Post a Comment