Wednesday 30 June 2010

Bob Dylan was my inspiration

MAny moons ago, too many to remember... I had a guitar for christmas. Bod Dylan was beginning to make vaves with his early folksy material and I was hooked on his songs. he was the reason that I started writing my own songs althought some of the early examples of mine are a little cringeworthy. I very rarely perform these for anyone although I do still sing some of them in private. But I was a very young teenager, having just started grammar school. But it started me on to a life long "hobby" and that's all it has been for me. The occasional party or after a few drinks has been the limit of my achievement. Not so much lack of ambition but more a complete lack of belief in myself in this field of endeavour.

Anyway enough reminiscing ( aahh........... Buddy Holly, but that's another story), I thought it only right to include a Bob Dylan song on the blog, and I just happen to have one which I recorded earlier. Not a great performance, it was recorded at the same time as two other songs and I simply forgot to move the capo up a few frets. I seem to be saying the words rather than singing them. Nevermind the guitar work is not too bad. Again, forget the lighting a consequence of a late night recording session nwith a poor diogital camera. Here it is then, "Don't think twice, it's alright".





There you go then, nnow I really am running out of videos from Youtube so will have to get sorted and reecord some fresh material, hope that you will be back, thanks for getting this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment