Saturday 22 May 2010

a little bit of this & a little bit of that

Strange title but couldn't think of anythink better - in fact it could be the first line of a new song.

A little while ago, I started going to a folk club in the Birmingham, Shirley area. I was hoping to take along my guitar and give the folks a treat, ha-ha. In fact they ssaid they welcomed all styles but the singers we heard were all very traditional and I thought that I would do something a little different. It has been a long time since I played ( and sang) in front of an audience so looking for a little confidence, I recorded a couple of numbers again using my digital camera just to see how it sounded. Unfortunately I have not managed to get back recently - logistics are a problem as I work late on the day of the club and things have simply got in the way.
 I am posting one of these videos, it is a Richard Thompson song although my effort is far below that of the original:-


Thanks for looking.....................

1 comment: