Wednesday 8 November 2017

Mr Brightside, a cover of The Killers hit on ukulele

Seems like getting involved in playing the Uke, is taking up more of my time than writing the blog these days. But I hope to be getting myself sorted and  getting back to writing up what is happening in my musical life. Of course now I am into my seventh decade, I really should have plenty of time for everything - but being retired isn't the easy ride it's cracked up to be.

Here is a video from a recent gig in aid of St Alphages Church in Solihull, would you believe the event was a Beer Festival which appears to be quite a fund raiser for them. This is the second year we have played this event and looks like we have been asked back again.




My first attempt at playing a lead for the group - scary. The question is why do we all look so worried when we are thoroughly enjoying ourselves.

If you are in awe of our performance, and would like join us on our club nights at UKULELE Central UK. Find us on FaceBook and Twitter, all skill levels are welcome, help for beginners available. We meet in Solihull on the first and third Wednesday of each month

No comments:

Post a Comment