Wednesday 3 June 2015

Hold Back The River



A few posts ago I suggested that I had found a very modern rock song, Hold back the River by James Bay and suggested it would be interesting to see how it worked on a ukulele.

Well, since then I have started to hear the song on the radio. etc. You know - the way you always see models of the same car you have just bought. Anyway, I have managed to get a rough version together and have surprised myself by how well I think it could work with a little help from my friends.

Here is the version I have posted on SoundCloud




The intro still needs a little work to  make it acceptable but it will come I am sure. The biggest problem with this version is that I have not used a key which matches my voice, using the original key which is just a few semi-tones to low for that verse. Something to sort out for the next run through. Otherwise, not too bad for a first attempt.

If you listen to this, you will find that it runs on to more songs on a playlist, I like to think of these playlists as "albums", which I am building on SoundCloud.


No comments:

Post a Comment